Brakes are one of many vehicle components that are vital to your safety on the road. Your brakes help you slow and stop when needed, and compromised brakes can put your safety at risk. As soon as you notice something off about your brakes, it is important to have your vehicle inspected at our shop to determine what the cause may be. Repairing the issue early on will save you money and will also help protect you and your family while driving.
Brake pads are an important part of the brake system and essential help produce the friction that allows your vehicle to slow down and stop. However, brake pads do not last forever. Over time, they begin to wear down and will need to be replaced. Here are 5 telling signs that your brake pads are due for a replacement:
- If you hear a squealing noise while baking. This is a key indicator that the brake pads are worn down and that metal to metal contact is happening.
- If you hear a clicking noise, this is a sign that your brake pads may be loose. This needs to be repaired quickly to avoid brake trouble.
- When you drive your vehicle for years, you understand how your brakes work and how long it takes you to come to a stop. If you notice that it takes a lot longer to slow down your car or stop, it is important that you have your vehicle inspected.
- When you brake, your vehicle should be level. If you notice that your vehicle nose drives or pulls to one side when braking, this can indicate uneven brake pads. This can also lead to unwanted damage to the steering and suspension system if ignored.
- If your brake pedal vibrates when you press down on it, this is a sign that the binding resin holding your brake pads together has worn down.
As soon as you notice any of the issues above, don’t hesitate to bring your vehicle into our shop. We will determine the exact cause of the issue and get you back on the road safely!